Radio Overberg Blog
The Inaugural Child Protection & Online Safety Conference brings together family members (and the child where appropriate), supporters/advocates and those professionals most involved with the child and family.
Its purpose is to:
- Bring together and analyse, in an inter-agency setting, the information that has been obtained about the child's developmental needs, and the parents' or carers' capacity to respond to these needs;
- Ensure the child's safety and promote the child's health and development within the context of their wider family and environment;
- Consider the evidence presented to the Conference and taking into account the child's present situation and information about his or her family history and present and past family functioning, make judgments about the likelihood of a child suffering significant harm in future. Also decide whether the child is at continuing risk of significant harm;
- Decide what future action is required to safeguard and promote the welfare of the child, including the child becoming the subject of a Child Protection Plan, what the planned developmental outcomes are for the child and how best to intervene to achieve these;
- Allocate a lead social worker from Children's Social Care for each child who requires a Child Protection Plan. The key worker is responsible for ensuring that the Child Protection Plan is developed, co-ordinated and fully implemented to timescales;
- Identify a multi-agency core group to develop and monitor implementation of the Child Protection Plan.
Should you wish to book, please complete the registration form and fax/email immediately so we can secure you seat/s at this highly interactive event.